Barack Obama is gracing us with his presence soon and we couldn’t be more excited! But for his grand-grand-GRAND welcome here’s a list of things that our country has been going crazy over, to make sure that Mr. President has a safe 3-day visit.
- Around 50,000 security personnel to ensure there’s no security breach!
- 15,000 CCTV cameras and a 3-day traffic lockdown in key south and central Delhi areas.
- 40 specialist sniffer dogs!
- A special radar in the airspace to ensure Barack Obama’s safety during the Republic Day parade.
- A multi-agency control room to monitor the surveillance operations in every area of the national capital.
- No-fly zone to be declared at adjoining cities like Jaipur, Agra, Lucknow and Amritsar.
- For his Taj visit, 600 workers have been hired to scrub the streets for Rs.300 a day!
- Almost 1,600 American personnel, mostly from security agencies, to ensure the safety here.
And the thing we definitely look forward to (though that’s not something that’s done by the Indian government) is the armoured Cadillac limousine a.k.a the ‘Beast’ that would be Obama’s ride during the visit!