Let’s just start with India’s current obsession with ‘bans’. From banning beef to movies, stand-up comedy to documentaries… let’s just say banning ‘things’ which we believe don’t really hamper world peace or the peace of mind amongst people in the country is something that’s totally uncalled for.
Just to refresh our memories, here is a list of a few bans (irrelevant in most of the cases) that have already been exercised in our country
1. Beef Ban.
2. Banning ‘50 Shades of Grey’… ‘PK’ (Well, almost!), ‘MSG’, ‘Dirty Politics’ etc.
3. The AIB roast – God knows why!
4. The documentary – ‘India’s daughter’.
5. Cuss words in films.
6. Selling sex toys.
7. Alcohol – in Kerala (Again, almost).
8. Party houses for foreigners in Karnataka.
9. Homosexuality (That’s supposed to be a crime?!!)
Now, here’s a list of bans that might come into the picture anytime soon leaving everyone puzzled. Don’t blame us later… This is actually a heads up. Here it goes. *deep breath*
1. Ban on taking selfies. What if taking selfies is classified as a crime in the future? Dang! A lot of people would be disappointed.
And the list goes on. No. Let’s not ban more things. There are more pressing issues in our country that need to be dealt with, immediately. What someone is eating or drinking isn’t one of them! How about giving those a thought?