After being tormented by the heat of the Sun, and the scorching summer days, monsoon is finally here! But while we enjoy the pitter-patter of the drizzle, the damp, humid weather wreaks havoc on our skin. With a few clever quick fixes you can continue to look your flawless best even in this sultry season. Here are some skin care tips to keep your skin looking fresh and fabulous even in the rains.
Dryness occurs due to lack of vitamins which are essential to keep dry & damaged skin at bay. Here are a few tips to help you combat this problem.
1) Drink lots of water to keep yourself hydrated. This cleanses the skin and removes all the unwanted toxins.
2) Before going to bed, wash your face with a mild cleanser, then dab rose water all over your face and finally apply glycerin. It works like a miracle. It not only hydrates your skin but also gives a healthy glow.
3) Use a mild cream-based cleanser.
4) Do not use alcohol-based products as they tend to dry out the skin further.
There’s nothing much one can do to get rid of oily skin. You can only take small steps that will gradually reduce the oiliness on your face. Try the following:
1) Wash your face at least three times a day with a foam-based cleanser.
2) Scrub your face at least once a week to open clogged pores.
3) It’s always advisable to wash your face with luke warm water as it dissolves oil better.
4) Use home remedies such as a face pack made of chick-pea flour and milk or lemon and honey to rejuvenate your skin.
This skin type is categorized by an oily T-zone and drier cheeks. Since it is a combination of two skin types, it has to be treated separately. The dry area has to be gently cleansed whereas the oily area has to be deeply cleansed. Here are a few tips:
1) Drink lots of water as this is the best way to attain healthy skin.
2) Always dab your face dry instead of rubbing it as this makes the skin look rough and patchy.
3) Always use a gentle cleanser and apply a homemade face mask of milk and honey regularly.
4) Scrub your face twice a week.