Are you just days away from your big day which means you’ve probably got your outfit sorted out. But, still not sure about the makeup yet? Don’t worry pretties, ‘cause we’re here to help. We have put together top Indian bridal makeup tips to ensure you look picture perfect on your D-day.
If you haven’t been diligent about your looks and makeup, now’s the time to begin. We understand that selecting the perfect attire for your wedding is a massive decision but choosing the right makeup is just as important. After all, a beautiful bride is the star of the occasion right.
So, all you lovely brides-to-be, grab yourself a cup of coffee and read through our definitive guide on amazing Indian bridal makeup tips. Don’t let some beauty blunders and wedding-day disaster get in the way of looking your absolute best.
Our dos and don’ts of bridal makeup tips for Indian brides will help you become Instagram-ready.
- Apply right skincare products – All the lovely brides-to-be, always go for oil free moisturiser that will keep your skin hydrated and will be the perfect base for your wedding day makeup. Also, use eye cream as it adds volume to the thin, delicate skin around the eyes and a lip balm to keep your lips moist.
- Use primer – This must-have can help you get rid of wrinkles and pores. Splurge on a primer that complements your skin tone. Apply it after skincare and before applying foundation.
- Use makeup brush to apply foundation – Try out some sample foundation before your D-Day to get the perfect look. Wear it all day long and apply in thin layers using a makeup brush.
- Opt for concealer after foundation – Apply as little concealer as possible to cover the blemishes and enhance the natural look of your skin.
- Use powder to get rid of greasy skin – Yes, powder is important to avoid oily skin. Massive powder brush can make your skin look dry.
- Avoid sparkly products – We feel eyeshadows/ face powders/ highlighters with glitters are a complete no-no.
- Define your brows – Shape your brows with a pencil that matches your hair colour.
- Highlight your eyes – Go for waterproof mascara and eyeliners. To make your eyes standout, keep your eyeshadow colours simple, light and fresh. You can opt for charcoal, navy, or mahogany in eyeliners.
- Choose flattering lip colours – The perfect lip colour can make or break your complete look. Choose wisely from bridal-friendly colour groups—nudes, pinks and reds – as it’s the most essential part of your big-day look.
- Wear blush – For an instant facelift, blush your cheeks. Choose pink if you have fair complexion, while the dark skin tone beauties can go for rosier hues.
- Go for the best makeup artist in town – You loved your BFF’s wedding look? Find out about her makeup artist. Believe us, personal recommendations are the best. If you are selecting a makeup artist on your own, avoid the ones who have a portfolio full of dark smokey eyes and bright lips. Makeup consultations are a good idea.
- DIY wedding makeup – If you don’t have the time to find a makeup artist, the awesome would-be brides can do their own makeup. We understand that wedding day makeup is different from regular makeup and has to last all day. We advise you to book a lesson with a skilled professional at least a month before the occasion to avoid any fashion blunders and know about the new beauty trends.
- Choose the right look – Heavy smokey makeup is inappropriate if your wedding dress boasts a soft colour. Go for a look that complements your attire. You can take inspiration from bridal magazines and red carpet looks to know about the latest runway fashion trends.
- Limit your makeup just to the face.
- Use day makeup for evening weddings.
- Go for facials right before the wedding.
- Follow latest fashion and beauty trends blindly.
Girlies! Getting the perfect, modern and pretty wedding look is not that difficult when you follow our bridal makeup tips for Indian brides. So, be a style goddess and get over those wedding-day blues.
Also read: How to Look Slim in a Saree?
Watch these vidoes to master the art of perfect wedding day makeup in no time.
1. This video focuses on getting the perfect flawless skin on your D-day with little makeup.
2. Watch this video if you are donning a traditional Indian attire on your wedding day.