Mascara is an indispensable part of eye makeup. Along with flawless skin and model-esque figure, long lashes remain a symbol of beauty and femininity that women long for. It adds dimension and draws attention to your eyes. Mascara also adds depth to your eyes and opens them up even if you are not wearing any eye shadow. For the same reasons, it is very important to know the right way to apply mascara as you may end up looking like a clown with clumped lashes or get raccoon eyes with flaked mascara. Let’s face it no one wants that. Used by makeup artists worldwide, here are 10 tips to apply mascara like a pro!
1) Don’t plump the mascara wand in and out of the bottle. This pushes air into the tube that makes the mascara dry out faster causing it to clump and flake.
2) Ensure that you scrape or wipe off any excess product from the wand. This will help you avoid using too much mascara that makes your lashes clumpy.
3) Always apply your mascara in a back-and-forth motion gently wiggling and sweeping it from the root of your lashes to the end.
4) Layer your normal mascara with a waterproof mascara to make it last longer and to add more intensity to your lashes.
5) For those who have lighter lashes, coat both sides of your upper lashes by alternating between looking up and looking down, that way your lashes are fully covered and they look thicker.
6) While applying mascara on your lower lashes always look up and hold the wand vertically for a natural finish.
7) Soak your mascara in a cup of warm water to make the mascara thinner. This removes all the clumps from the product and makes it easier to apply.
8) To avoid getting mascara underneath your eyes use a spoon while applying mascara. Hold the spoon with the curved side, facing out, near the lower lash line and gently swipe the wand across the lashes for a clump-free lash.
9) If your lashes tend to fall straight, curl your lashes with an eyelash curler while applying mascara at the same time to keep them curled longer.
10) To avoid smudging mascara on your upper eyelid, use a business card and gently lift your eyelid and apply mascara.
This article was inspired from here.
Banner image sourced from here.