Here’s a quick comparison between our beautiful capital city of New Delhi and its neighbours (Noida, Gurgaon, Ghaziabad and Faridabad). Take a look at how the city’s new and upcoming neighbours are giving Delhi quite a run for its money when it comes to being our favourite city!
1. Round the clock availability of alcohol
Be it a national holiday, festivals or just another lame dry day….alcohol availability is never a concern if you stay on the other side of the border!
2. Better looking houses at jaw dropping rates
We do agree that Delhi has bungalows that aren’t just massive but also breathtakingly beautiful, but what Gurgaon and Noida offer is something that is similar but way lighter on your pocket!
3. Drive on any side of the road like a boss!
We don’t support that. At all! But you shall encounter a douche every now and then driving on the wrong side. And let’s admit it… There is a certain thrill to it!
4. Better car-o-bar scenes
Another thing we aren’t supportive of! But still if you gotta do Car-o-bar, maybe you should try the NCR roads (or don’t try doing it at all).
5. Less traffic, open spaces and better places to eat
Some may agree with it, some won’t. But the imminent new NCR towns do have a lot of options when it comes to recreation, open spaces, sprawling residential areas, market places and parking areas!
6. And open spaces that are greener than the capital
No disputing this one!
7. Better corporate offices with actual dedicated parking spaces not just for the bosses
Parking has always been a hassle in the capital especially for those who work here. But people working in those tall buildings in Gurgaon or Noida surely have a different story to tell.
8. Diverse culture as people from all over the country settle here.
Yes. Everyone settles here. The new skyscrapers in the satellite cities are being lapped up like hot cakes either by buyers or renters thanks to the lower rates. As a result, these towns are fast becoming exuberant melting pots of cultures.
9. And sometimes from the world over!
10. Lesser rents, cheaper gym membership, cheaper veggies, cheaper salons… basically cheaper everything!
You settle in Faridabad and Ghaziabad and your cost of living goes down by a couple of notches in every way. Isn’t that awesome?
But wait! The NCR is what it is because of our beautiful capital and nothing beats Delhi! NOTHING! Ever spotted a historical monument or a heritage site across the Delhi border? The fancy museums and the vibrant cultural centers?! Delhi holds the heritage of our country together in ways no other city does!
Image Source: All images sourced from Giphy.com