We all have a small jar of petroleum jelly lying around somewhere in our house which we barely use. Little do we know that this humble tub of wonders can do much more than only moisturising your skin. This jar of goopy goodness can be used in multiple ways and is an amazing beauty staple that one must have. Here’s a list of beauty benefits of petroleum jelly.
1) Get rid of those chapped lips with petroleum jelly.
2) Dry skin and windburn go hand-in-hand. Petroleum jelly not only moisturises and heals dry skin but also protects and prevents windburns leaving your skin soft and supple.
3) Applying petroleum jelly on to your eyelashes to makes them longer and thicker naturally.
4) Remove your makeup in a jiffy. Massage with a small goop of petroleum jelly and wipe it off using cotton, lastly wash off your face with your normal face wash.
5) Petroleum jelly can also be used as an excellent hair mask as it heals and protects dry scalp.
6) Petroleum jelly can make perfumes last longer. Just apply a little bit of petroleum jelly to your pulse points before applying your perfume.
7) Keep nails and cuticles spotless while getting a manicure by applying petroleum jelly.
8) Smooth flyaways and pesky split ends by applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly and give your hair that healthy sheen.
9) Hate that dried up nail polish on the mouth of your nail polish bottles? Apply a tiny amount of petroleum jelly on new nail polish bottles or on old ones, after cleaning off the accumulated dried polish with remover.
10) Highlight your cheekbones using petroleum jelly and get that natural strobing effect.
11) Intensify your eye shadow by mixing a little bit of petroleum jelly to make the colour more pigmented.
12) Remove harsh lash glue residuals easily with the help of petroleum jelly.
13) If you are one of those people who don’t wear earrings regularly, all you have to do is apply some petroleum jelly on your ear lobes without worrying about your ears hurting.
14) Boost the effectiveness of your serum using petroleum jelly. Applying some petroleum jelly over your serum and double the strength of your serum and make it last longer.
15) Ran out of your primer? Worry no more! Apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly, in place of primer, onto your skin without worrying about your makeup shifting.
Make use of these beauty benefits of petroleum jelly this winter and kiss all those skin and hair worries goodbye.