High-definition makeup is getting popular by the day thanks to the selfie bug that has bitten everyone. The really great thing about high-definition makeup is that it is designed not only for the unforgiving eyes of the camera but also to make your skin look youthful and flawless. High-definition makeup contains mattifying agents that don’t make your skin look oily or cakey. Here’s everything you need to know about high-definition makeup.
High-definition makeup camouflages imperfections, covers blemishes and blends seamlessly into the skin. It contains light deflecting pigments that give a smooth and natural finish. It was originally designed to hide any facial flaws for those who work in television or movies, in front of high-definition cameras.
The trick behind getting extra coverage from high-definition makeup is to layer and blend the products well into the skin. High-definition makeup does not cake on the skin if used correctly nor does it create fine lines or clog pores, resulting in an even finish.
HD Foundation is an oil-free, medium-to-full coverage liquid or cream foundation which covers skin imperfections while remaining invisible on-screen and to naked eyes, giving an extremely natural finish. These products are available in a wide variety of shades to suit all skin tones.
Best high-definition foundations available in India are:
1) Makeup Forever HD Foundation: Available at all Sephora stores for 2200 INR.
2) Stilla All Day Foundation: Available at all Sephora stores for 3200 INR.
3) Revlon Photo Ready HD Foundation: Available here for 945 INR.
High-definition concealers create a soft-focus effect and brighten the concealed area while reducing the appearance of fine lines for a natural, radiant look.
Best high-definition concealers available in India are:
1) Makeup Forever HD Invisible Cover Concealer: Available at all Sephora stores for 1950 INR.
2) Revlon Photo Ready Concealer: Available here for 1157 INR.
High-definition powders are usually processed into a very fine powder to provide a sheer consistency. They have a micro-texture so that the powder does not settle into the skin’s pores. They are great to use as setting powder or on their own and have a velvety matte finish.
Best High-Definition Powders available in India are:
1) Makeup Forever High Definition Powder: Available at all Sephora stores for 2300 INR.
2) NYX High Definition Photogenic Grinding Powder: Available at all Sephora stores for 2250 INR