We understand that a multinational corporate pays a lot more than a startup, particularly to freshers, and the swanky job also comes with a lot of cushy benefits. Working at a startup probably means that you work with a small team… most likely just a handful of people. That BTW has its own benefits, especially for the creative junkies out there. Don’t believe us? Take a look at these seven illustrations by the WittyFeed below to see why startups are the coolest places to start your career at.
1) We have ‘No-shave November’ almost every month. You really do not need a haircut or need to shave everyday if you work at a startup. We just care about the work and also we are used to you looking like this.
2) On-the-job-sleeping, beanbags and comfy sofas is what a startup offers as cushy benefits. There is everything you need to rest your bum on after lunch and work. And yes if you sleep, there will be a bunch of pictures haunting your social networks. Did we mention funny pictures?
3) Formals?!? – Just wear whatever you want, from sneakers to slippers. Formals are only needed when there is a rare meeting with the outside world. So feel free to shop and fill your wardrobes with the coolest, most colourful clothes, because everything is just… well… cool!
4) Team meetings are referred to as group chats. We don’t believe in sitting formally on the table and discussing plans. Meetings start with a casual discussion on the sofa with a cup of coffee and end pretty much the same way.
5) Nocturnal forever! When everyone is heading home in the evening, we get up and go to work. Flexible work timings and a lot of ‘work from home’ days is just what startups are all about.
6) We are loud and very proud. Play some music, converse across the table, work, sleep, repeat.
PS – Parties are not a daily affair, but when we do have one, people envy us. If you know what we mean!
7) Skills over Degrees. Startups look for people who have skills and are creative. Degrees always do not come handy when you want to move out and explore life. So, if you are creative and want to really utilise your innate talents while having some fun, go and join a startup today.
This article was inspired by this post