Fresh outta college? We know how it feels. The whole energy and excitement of getting your first job is out of this world.
The best part about working for the first time in life is getting that paycheck at the end of every month. Who wouldn’t want that? But to excel in your career (as your first job helps you shape it) there are a few things one should always follow to keep everyone happy! Take a look at these 10 things you must remember during your first job. Read and learn.
1. Respect your colleagues/seniors. Remember, they’re your seniors for a reason. Try respecting the work hierarchy and learn from it. Trolling your bosses ain’t cool bruh!
2. Learn how to be professional about things. It can be a little overwhelming sometimes as work is a separate ball game altogether. Therefore, dress up, show up and look up (all like a real professional would).
3. Maintain distance. All you need to learn is where to open-up and where not to. Work is not a place for people who talk out of their asses!
4. ALWAYS REMEMBER, it’s a big world out there and everyone is trying to accomplish exactly what YOU are out for!
5.You should learn how to digest criticism. Listen up, you can’t always be right. When your senior criticises you, appreciate it, take a lesson from it and move on. Holding grudges won’t take you anywhere.
6. Suck up (at times) even if it doesn’t make sense to you. Because there are some things in this world that you don’t understand, just yet.
7. Experiment. Explore. Be open to everything. And volunteer at work wherever you can.
8. Be punctual. Period. No one respects a lazy bum.
9. Keep yourself updated with your what’s happening in the world (even if it doesn’t relate to your work). You never know when and which opportunity might fall in your lap. Be prepare to take it, all guns blazing.
10. Never ever pick sides at work. What doesn’t relate to you, doesn’t relate to you. Great minds talk about ideas, little minds talk about people.
In the end always remember – work to learn, not just to earn.
All gif’s sourced from Giphy