Tired of all the reasons your mom has given you for not getting a pet dog? Here’s an adorable alternative: Get a guinea pig! Cute, delicate and extremely lovable, these relatively low-maintenance pets bring all the affection and fuzzy warmth you seek along with their own unique brand of charm that dogs will have to try hard to match up to! Take a look at ten reasons why you should pet a Guinea pig!
1. Because they look adorable.
2. They are tiny. Transporting them temporarily to your pet-loving friend’s home is no problem when you are on vacation.
3. You don’t have to walk them.
4. Less noisy, less messy and all they need is a small cosy place in your house and heart! Keep them in a shoe box and suddenly even that becomes the most adorable object in the world!
5. Did we say low maintenance? Yes, you can say goodbye to worries about expensive vaccinations or fancy dog food. Your little ball of joy is quite the health freak, looking mostly for fresh fruits and veggies.
6. They don’t bite. ANYONE!
7. When they’re hungry, all they do is follow you around the house in the cutest way possible.
8. You can leave them alone at home without expecting everything to be topsy-turvy by the time you return.
9. Bathing them is easier and less chaotic.
10. Their ‘squeak’ will melt your hearts because you know the only thing it’s trying to convey is their unconditional love for you and the care you shower on them!
But, before you make up your mind about getting one, ALWAYS remember – they’re extremely delicate, need a lot of care and protection from stray animals. #PiggyLove
All pictures sourced from Giphy.com