If you classify yourself as a drinking enthusiast and end up at the bar every second day, you might want to rethink! We get it, drinking is fun, drinking makes you forget all your sorrows, drinking makes you a better person (perhaps) and the list can go on. But honestly, we believe there is a thin line between being a drinking enthusiast and turning into an alcoholic. These symptoms below may just define your status around that thin line – probably drooping towards alcoholism! Take a look.
1. Its 6 p.m. on a weekday and all you can hope for is your friends calling you to catch up for a drink!
2. The easiest way for you to get rid of a hangover is to drink more (Like they say ‘diamond cuts diamond’)
3. You don’t mind socializing with different sets of people on consecutive days, of course over drinks
4. You just can’t hold your drinks, in fact you have never understood how one glass turns into a nightmare of 15 glasses
5. When it comes to knowing different kinds of spirits, brands and their impact; your reaction is always ‘been there, done that!’
6. About half your monthly income is washed away the morning after every night of heavy drinking only to make you realise the amount of money you’ve been spending on it.
7. You don’t feel that ‘high’ very easily anymore. Chances are your body is already immune to the high that comes with not-so-potent drinks.
8. Most of your social media updates involve a drink in your hands or just nice looking alcoholic beverages.
9. It’s difficult for you to get a sound sleep without a little alcohol in your system.
10. You need atleast two shots of your favourite poison to address important issues with your family/friends.
PS – Most likely your pet catch phrase is ‘I’m going on a detox, AFTER TONIGHT’
Image Source: All images sourced from Giphy.com